22 October 2008

Together Forever Monogram

I made this card for my Brother in Law Nick and his beautiful now fiance Carmen as their engagement card. The got engaged on Saturday morning and it was all very romantic (every other guy in Parkes is now in trouble for not being that romantic kind of romatic!)
I think I went a little overboard with the embossing on this one! I don't emboss very often (and i think my little embossing powders almost died from shock!) but I do like to emboss on wedding and engagement cards as they're the types of cards that get put in keepsake boxes.
I have made the card by wheeling all over the black cardstock in versamark and embossed it with clear EDP ala Kristina Werner. For the monogram I have stamped and then embossed their initials and the '&' with Gold EDP, and then using my Stamp-a-Majig I have stamped the circle in Rose Red ink, I dabbed with a paper towel to remove any excess ink (dab don't wipe or you get smears, ask me how i know!).
I've also stamped and then embossed in black 'Together Forever' on a piece of Rose Red Prints DSP and then positioned some Hodgepodge over the top to frame it.
Carmen's a ribbon girl (she wears a ribbon in her hair every day) so it wouldn't be complete without a bit of ribbon so I added some White Taffeta to the top of the panel.
Stamps: Together Forever, Best Friends Upper Alphabet, Forever Flowers Wheel
Ink: Versamark, Versamark, Versamark! Rose Red
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Rose Red Prints DSP
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: