18 October 2008

Charlotte's Birthday Party

These are the invitations that I made for Charlotte's Birthday Party, I have used Pretty Princess & Scribble This sets, and made them in an almost Kings Orders sealed with wax style (I'm sure there's a name for this fold but right now I can't think of it). The card closes with the Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain.
On the front closure I have stamped the Cake from Pretty Princess in Pink Passion on Pixie Pink Cardstock (7x7cm I think), I've then roughly coloured over the icing with my 2-way glue pen and sprinkled with dazzling diamonds. I've layered it on a piece of Wild Wasabi (Just a tip if you attach the Wasabi layer then the ribbon and then the top layer the invitation will close better, if you layer the ribbon underneath the wasabi layer the card opens slightly at the bottom when it should be closed)
On the back I have layered some Wild Wasabi & Confetti Cream and stamped the kid's names in Wild Wasabi with the Short Order alphabet and the little flower from Pretty Princess in Pixie Pink.
On the inside I have printed the invitation details on confetti cream cardstock using Publisher (the Tent Fold Card template works well as you can type on all 4 'pages' but it prints each 'page' in a corner of the cardstock meaning you can get all 4 with only 1 pass through the printer) I have then stamped the Princess using stazon and partially watercoloured her with my watercolour wonders. Watercolour Paper definitely works best for watercolouring, however on a job this large it just isn't cost effective, but confetti cream (or confetti white) has a nice texture that holds the water better than normal cardstock. Then I stamped the flourishes from "Scribble This" on the plain flaps to break up the blank space. I don't have it but 'So Swirly' or something similar would have looked great wheeled on the flaps. Just cut a piece of cardstock the same size as the middle panel and using the 2 way glue as a removable adheasive you can mask off the centre panel.
I should also add that you can buy Pretty Princess for this month only at 20% off as part of our Birthday Promo!

Stamps: Scribble This, Pretty Princess, Short Order Alphabet
Ink: Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Wild Wasabi, Stazon
Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Wild Wasabi, Confetti Cream
Accessories: Wild Wasabi Striped Grosgrain, Bold Brights Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

1 comment:

Lisa R said...

Those invites look great Zarna. I hope Charlotte has a wonderful party!