02 October 2008

Blooper Reel - You can't be perfect every time!

Day 2 of the October Layout a Day Challenge over at Paper Goddess. There was a bit of a conspiracy involving 2 flat tyres and 30-something k's out of town (can I just say I love NRMA!!)that almost stopped me scrapping, but I managed to make time tonight (when I should have been cleaning up for visitors tomorrow night, but oh well! you get that).
I've had an idea to scrap some of the weird and wonderful faces that Charlotte manages to make whenever we pull out the camera, but I didn't want to do an 'ugly' layout, I still wanted it to be nice (It's ok if that's the 'Aww mum can't you throw that one out' layout, but i wanted it to still be a pretty page if you know what i mean). I especially wanted to scrap the large photo as that is the first photo we have of her, so even though it's a horrible picture it's still beautiful to us (I don't think I'd even seen her properly it was so early, she was placed on my chest straight after). She was perfectly happy at first and didn't do more than a wimper when she was born, but as soon as I said take a picture the poor thing burst into tears! And it's a face she still makes when we're about to get some serious tears, she is a master at the dropped lip.
I've used the "Live every moment" to remind us to remember the good and bad, that it's all what makes life life and that 'you can't be perfect all the time'.

Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet, Baroque Motifs (gotta love that flourish!) Short Order Alphabet
Ink: Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant
Cardstock: Rose Red Prints DSP, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Accessories: Anchored Rubons, Pretties Kit, Elegant Eggplant 1/4" Grosgrain, Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I love the fact that you're using the "not-so-perfect" pictures. I am totally going to scraplift this one....