10 July 2008

Mini Catalogue Sneak Peek

I got my preorder yesterday and I'm in love!! The colours in the new Holiday Harmony DSP are divine and are the inspiration for this card

I've used Season of Joy ($51.95 in the mini) and the ever versatile Sincere Salutations.
My colours are River Rock, Always Artichoke and Purely Pomegranate, which, from the look of the mini are "THE" colours for Christmas this year. I stamped the Tree & Snowflake in River Rock to create my own background paper.
Can you see the shadow behind the tree? I made that by using the negative left on the backing sheet by the christmas tree, clear as mud?
When you buy diecut stamp sets like those in the mini catalogue there is a hole left in the rubber backing sheet that is vaguely the shape of the image, so, I peeled the waxy backing off and sponged the tree shape in River Rock then stamped over the top of the shadow with the tree.
I topped it all off with some pomegranate ribbon (I've used so much of that it's not funny!)
I know that it seems a little early to be making Christmas cards but did you know that if you made 5 cards a month by the time December comes you will have made 30 cards! No more rushing to get them done or going out and having to buy a packet of cards last minute (I HATE, HATE, HATE buying cards now that I know how easy they are to make!)

No comments: