28 July 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today is Justin's Birthday, this is the card that I made for Charlotte to give him. But I didn't do all the stamping... Check it out:
I love involving kids in making cards and presents for people, even if it's just writing their own little gibberish message with the 'translation' underneath. Since Charlotte is still a bit little this year to do something herself I decided to stamp her handprint, it's a bit smudgey, but i think that gives it even more charm.
I showed her the finished product and told her that it was from her for daddy and read what it said on the front and she got the biggest smile on her face, so I assume that meant it meets her approval.
Next year she might be old enough to help dictate what colours to use (Is it wrong to teach a child their colours as Wild Wasabi or Pumpkin Pie instead of Green and Orange? hehe)

Stamps: Best Friends Alphabet Lower, Family Phrases, Loads of Love Accessories, Charlotte's Left Hand ;0)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Jersey Shore DSP, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Wild Wasabi DS Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Rounder & Word Window Punches, Crafters Tool Kit (for the paper piercing)


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

2 comments:

Lisa R said...

What a great idea Zarna! I love it. Great card too.

Deb said...

very sweet indeed!