19 July 2008

Christmas in July


I made this Christmas ornament using some more of my preorder from the mini. Check out the ribbon!!! It is Purely Pomegranate Satin Ribbon, it's approximately 1" wide and I am in love! I'll give you a tip about cutting dovetails into Ribbon, (courtesy of my Myer Bridal Registry days) If you fold the ribbon in half lengthways and then cut on an angle the 2 sides will be symmetrical.
The brad anchoring the 2 sides of the ribbon is the star brad from the new Styled Silver Hodgepodge, and is through an Always Artichoke star which was punched with the small star punch.
I have used the Holiday Harmony Paper to cover the Trimmings On Board Chipboard and then clear embossed (just use the versamark pad to apply directly to the paper) to give a little bit of durability to the ornament.

No comments: