22 July 2008

Enjoy the Little Things

I have wanted to play with this Summer Picnic DSP since I first saw it over on Dawns Stampin' Thoughts (Check out her awesome video tutorials). I thought it would be the perfect paper along with the new Enjoy Every Moment Stamp Set (also new) to scrapbook these photos of Charlotte's first 'jump' on a Jumping Castle. She had an absolute blast, my friends little boy Marshal (we call him Charlotte's boyfriend because he loves her so much) was so rough (he has 2 younger brothers) and Charlotte thought it was great fun crawling around while he jumped near her, getting flipped onto her back a few times. I have used the ribbon slider from the new Styled Silver Hodgepodge, to tie the Real Red Wide Grosgrain ribbon through. I think it just added something extra to the page that a plain knot or bow can't.

I pleated some Old Olive Grosgrain and machine stitched along the ribbon to hold it in place, see my 'straight' stitching that's why I'm a stamper not a quilter. I have embossed enjoy with white EDP and added detail to the 'o' by layering a Blooms diecut flower onto a Real Red 3/4" circle layered on a Bashful Blue 1" circle. I added a brad from the new hodgepodge and some faux stitching with my Signo White Gel Pen. I wanted to punch out 'the little things' with the word window punch but it was too long, so I used a little variation on this tutorial.
Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment (Spring Mini)
Ink: Versamark, Old Olive, Real Red
Cardstock: Summer Picnic DSP(Spring Mini), Real Red, Bashful Blue, Old Olive
Accessories: White EDP, Styled Silver Hodge Podge, Blooms Diecuts (Both from the Spring Mini), Real Red & Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain, 3/4", 1" & Word Window Punches, White Signo Gel Pen

Images (c) Stampin' Up!, Designs (c) Zarna Gould

1 comment:

Lisa R said...

Wow Zarna I love it. The ribbon looks great. I wish I had a sewing machine. I love the Summer Picnic paper too. Actually, I love the whole Spring Mini!