01 February 2009

Charlie

Charlie was born in early December and I've only just got his card in the mail a week ago, what sort of cardmaker am I??? I decided to pull out Big on Spring, I've tried to use it a few times with no success but I kept seeing beautiful samples of it all over blogland so I knew it was possible and I was determined to make it work for this card!
I've used some paper piecing (as opposed to paper *piercing*) on the little onsie. The little "Charlie" tab at the bottom was made with the linen background stamp first and then the name stamped over the top in the same colour (bashful blue).
Stamps: Big on Spring, Rough Edges Alphabet, Linen Background, Polka Dot Background
Ink: Old Olive, Certainly Celery SW Marker, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Cardstock: Certainly Celery Prints DSP, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Hodge Podge Pewter, 1" Bashful Blue DS Ribbon, Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Very pretty Zarna. Love how you have used the narrow ribbon over the wide one. Looks great!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Nicely done Zarna, gorgeous.

:) Marcia