13 November 2008

Make a Wish

First I have to say I LURVE this card!!! (and I don't say that often because I'm my own worst critic) It is another birthday card I've made for the many birthdays we have coming up over the next month.
I absolutely love the clear Acetate cards I've seen around but I haven't had any Acetate cardstock, this week's MACM over on Kristina Werner's blog pushed me over the edge, I had to go buy some overhead transperancy sheets so I could try it out.
I decided to take advantage of both sides of the "cardstock" so I put the Chocolate Chip rubon on the inside of the card and the "Make a wish" centred over the flower on the front and the white flower on the front. The keys to creating with Acetate are to make sure that the adhesive is hidden and that you have somewhere hidden from the front where you can write on the card. Here is the inside of the card, I have doubled the length of the front DSP piece and folded it around so that it covers the adhesive both sides of the card and hides the adhesive that hold it on. This doubles as the hiding place for the greeting. I've also wrapped the ribbon all the way around the cardfront by cutting a small slit on the spine to thread the ribbon through. I added another lighter piece of DSP to act as the space for the greeting to be written and double as a background for the cardfront as well.
Cardstock: Acetate, Ginger Blossom DSP
Accessories: Hidden Garden & Eastern Elegance Rubons, Chocolate Chip DS Ribbon


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome...love the acetate with the rub-ons and that big ribbon makes quite the splash!

Chrissie said...

That is sooooo cute Zarna... I don't have any rub ons (yet... but am about to remedy that) nor have I made an acetate card but I might just have to!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I am always in love with acetate cards, you can do so much with them. Love the rubon you have used, you are working on making me have to buy some of these!

:) Marcia