29 August 2009

Workshop project #1 - Enjoy Every Moment

Just popping on to share one of the layouts that we made at last monday's workshop, I gave the guests the choice between 2 layouts and tried to make one bright and funky and suitable for a boy or girl and the other softer and more feminine so that no matter the main subject of their albums they would have a layout to suit. To save on time and materials the layouts we made were 7x7" but I showed the girls how easily they could translate that into a 12x12" page. I demonstrated that with the other layout but I haven't photographed it yet so I'll have to show you next time.

We spent the afternoon today over in Forbes out at the Western Districts Parachute Club waiting for the wind to die down so we could watch my brother-in-law do his first jump, unfortunately the wind kept up and although the conditions were such that an experienced ski-diver could safely jump in they decided that they were far from ideal for beginners. The wind is forecasted to ease over night so we'll head back over in the morning for another go. All this talk of ski-diving has got Justin itching to get his licence current so he can start jumping again, he stopped skydiving before we got together, he has 25-30 jumps under his belt, but when he was travelling 2 hours just to spend the day waiting around for the weather like we did today, it was very frustrating and he ended up just letting his licence lapse, but now we're only half an hour away I think it's something I'd like to see him get back into. I just don't know how I'll go watching him climb out of that plane for the first time lol

Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment, Seeing Spots
Ink: Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip
Cardstock: Good Morning Sunshine DSP, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Distresser Tool (from cutter kit), Silver Brads
Punches: Large & Small Star Punch


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

1 comment:

Lynda said...

What a mischievous, cheeky grin to base a page around Zarna...TOO CUTE. I love the bright and funky feel. It's brilliant.