02 August 2009

Terrific Techniques "Wax on, Wax off" project 2 Wax Resist Background

Back again with our 2nd project from the "Wax on Wax off" Terrific Techniques class. This card was really hard to photograph so you will have to use your imagination a little for the background lol.
I used this great tutorial by Stephanie Pike. A big tip that I found out the hard way: your waxed paper has to actually be waxed paper not baking paper, other wise you end up with some beautifully brayered pieces of cardstock with no pattern lol. Until I tried this I had always assumed the 2 were the same thing but I found some Black & Gold brand waxed paper with the cling wrap at our local IGA supermarket for a ridiculously cheap price. I should say a big thanks to the girls on SCS who answered my cry for help when i first started having trouble and who suggested to make sure it was wax paper not baking paper.
Stamps: Oval All, Organic Grace
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum (inkpad & SW marker)
Cardstock: Glossy Cardstock, Pink Pirouette, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Accessories: Brayer, Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain, Black & Gold Waxed Paper, Iron, Punches; Eyelet Border, Scallop Oval, Large Oval


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: