07 August 2008

Happy Birthday Lisa

I made these for Lisa's birthday week before last, I had to put off posting this as she had gone away and I wanted to make sure she got them before I posted them here. I am loving the Summer Picnic DSP and I know she is too so I decided to use some of the new Spring Mini goodies. I'm a bit of a hoarder of my "precious's", (but I'm trying to be better, what's the point in having them and not using them?) & so is she so I know she'll appreciate the Hodge Podge, Die Cuts, Rub ons & DSP.
I've double-layered the Real Red Grosgrain & Striped grograin to get this funky looking bow, it was really easy, I just took a little extra care to not get them tangled. (If you want to know how to make a really good knot check out this tutorial by Kristina Werner - ever since I started following her method I get a perfect knot every time)
This is a little gift card holder I made, I got the instructions from Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts, but changed it around a little to make the scallop punch hold it closed instead of having a belly band.
Here is a pic of the Gift Card Holder open.

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Happy Everything
Ink: Earth Elements & Bold Brights SW Markers, Real Red, Old Olive
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Summer Picnic DSP
Accessories: Blooms Die-cuts, A Perfect Day Rubons, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain, Real Red Striped Grosgrain, Real Red Gingham Ribbon, Styled Silver Hodge Podge, Scallop & 1 3/8" Circle Punch


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: