21 September 2008

Cardinal Stampers Challenge #1

My upline Lisa recently got a 3rd downline so we are now an official team with the name "Cardinal Stampers". We have decided to set ourselves & any one else who wants to play along, little challenges from time to time and the first one was to use our favourite watercolour method on a card. If you want to play along you can check out our challege blog here, just leave us a link to your take on the challenge in the comments so we can check it out.
I have only recently bought the Watercolour Wonder Crayons and I love them! They are heaps of fun to use (especially with the aquapainter) and while I'm sure I'm not using them to their full potential just yet, I found them really easy to use & I am having fun!
I made this card for my Brother-in-law's birthday, we forgot about it until a day or two late so we didn't even wish him a happy birthday let alone get him a card (whoops!!!), so this card is to say we're sorry we FROGot and that we hope he had a HOPPY one!
The Unfrogettable stamp set is a new one for me, for me it was one of those sets that you want the first time you ever see it but for various reasons you put off buying it again and again, so when I ordered my Watercolour Wonders I decided to get it to help me learn (yup that's what we'll call it, education hehe) on since it is such a great watercolouring set.
I stamped the frog first in Stazon being careful not to ink up the little love heart (It's cute, but not really appropriate in this case) and masked him while i stamped the toadstool, I have coloured him in with Old Olive and Whisper White for the Eyes, the Mushroom is a combination of Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Sahara Sand with Cameo Coral and Ruby Red on the spots, the sky is a faint wash of Not Quite Navy and the grass is Garden Green just using a darker colour for the shadow and grass blades. I find you can't really go wrong with this method of watercolouring, if it gets too dark or make a mistake you can just add a bit of extra water and then blot it with a paper towel and try again, it won't get rid of all the colour, but enough to try again :)

Stamps: Unfrogettable
Ink: Stazon, Close to Cocoa
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive Prints DSP, Old Olive, Watercolour Paper
Accessories: Earth Elements & Neutrals Water Colour Wonders, Hemp Twine, Tag & Small Tag Punches, Crop-a-dile, Basic eyelets, Stampin' Dimensionals

Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: