27 January 2008

Project of the Week 28/1-3/2/08

I had my first 2 official workshops this weekend!!!
I had been hoping for just 1 sometime this month and then I got 2... On the SAME weekend! lol! When it rains it pours.
I had a great time and although they weren't huge workshops in terms of sales I got another booking and alot of experience, I felt I improved even from the Friday one to the Sunday one.

Anyway this card is a card I made for a friend who was going to a wedding (I hope she doesn't mind me using this - I did wait until after the wedding so the bride or groom couldn't accidently stumble upon it). It was my first attempt at using vellum and I was really happy with how it turned out.

I used a piece of 6x5" piece of Perfect Plum cardstock (scored at 1" to make a 5x5" square) as my base:
1. On a piece of 5x5" Pale Plum I stamped the butterfly from the Reason to Smile hostess set in Perfect Plum, then I stamped the coordinating row of flowers from the same set in versamark.
TIP: I love using versamark to fill in a gap without drawing attention away from the main focal point of the card.

2. I then attached the vellum to the pale plum using my SNAIL (now named 'Herbert' thanks to the Friday workshop) Vellum can be a little tricky to attach because the adhesive can show through - because this would be behind the fold it wasn't a problem in this particular card.
3. Then using my Stamp-a-Majig and the Best Friends Upper & Lower Alphabets I spelt out the names of the bride and groom above and below the butterfly. I can't use my Alphabet stamps without the Stamp-a-Majig anymore, it is just the best way to ensure perfect placement every time. Check out this Tutorial for more info on the Stamp-a-Majig and how to use it.
4. I then measured a piece of Pale Plum cardstock to fit the large Hodge Podge Hardware frame and stamped the word 'Cherish' from the Warm Words Stamp Set. I attached the cardstock using SNAIL to the centre of the folded over piece, I lined the frame up over the piece of card and marked the holes for the brads with a pencil, then removed the frame and punched the holes using my 1/16" Handpunch (the perfect size for brads), then lined the frame back up and attached it with the brads.
5. The final step was to attach the Pale Plum & Vellum to the Perfect Plum base using SNAIL.

Shopping List
Reason to Smile (Hostess Set)
Best Friend Alphabet Upper $53.95
Best Friend Alphabet Lower $53.95
Warm Words $39.95
Perfect Plum Classic Ink Pad $9.95ea
or Soft Subtles Stampin' Spots $41.95
Soft Subtles A4 Cardstock $14.50 for 36 sheets (3ea of 12 colours)
or Pale Plum & Perfect Plum Cardstock $10.50ea for 24 sheets
Hodge Podge Hardware Pewter $51.95 for approx 138 pieces plus 100 brads
Stamp-a-Majig $22.95
1/16" Handheldpunch $16.95

Because I think that a Stamp-a-Majig is the essential item for every stamper I am going to offer you 10% off* your Stamp-a-Majig if you purchase any alphabet set! This offer is for this week only (28/1-3/2/08) Don't forget about Sale-a-Bration which only has just over 4 weeks left! If you take advantage of this deal you could be most of the way (or with some of the larger sets all the way) to a FREE stamp set!
*This offer is not a Stampin' Up! discount and therefore only available through myself when you buy an Alphabet set and Stamp-a-Majig in one order.
Artwork (c) Zarna Gould; Images (c) Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Deb said...

yay - I'm glad the card I commissioned is now famous!!

Abby and Ross (and Abby's Mum) thought the card and matching candle were gorgeous.

Thanks Zarna!!