01 February 2010

Just My Sketches & The Blend - The More Things Change, The More They Seem To Stay The Same - 5 Yrs On

I'm so excited to be back doing DT work!!! The song that I chose from the list was "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae. There's a line in the song that says "The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same" and I thought I'd use that line as an excuse to scrapbook about Justin & I, and how even though we're older and we've changed we're still just as much in love as we were when we got married. 
Ok, that's getting too sappy! I won't tell you what the hidden journalling says or you'll throw up!
I'm not 100% happy with how the title turned out... I wanted something Collage-y to go with the strips of DSP but I'm not sure I got it quite right.
I stole my colour combo from this card by Sarah Gough, a demo in NZ. She isn't always a regular blogger but when she does have something to post, can you say WOW?

Here's the sketch Deanne created, and as usual if you play along with the challenge leave us a comment on JSM & The Blend telling us where to find you. (PS you should head on over there anyway just to check out the amazing job the rest of the DT have done!)
The song/s you need to use as your inspiration are:
I WILL REMEMBER YOU Sara McLachlan
BLESSED Elton John
TIME OF MY LIFE David Cook
PUT YOUR RECORDS ON Corinne Bailey Rae
ONE STEP AT A TIME Jordin Sparks

I'm not sure if this is going to work or not but I've included an MP3 player with the song I chose below:










MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Short Order Alphabet, Calendar Alphabet, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Lovely Letters Alphabet (My, that's a LOT of alphabets!!)
Ink: Close to Cocoa SW Marker, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Candy Lane DSP, Bella Rose DSP, Urban Garden DSP
Accessories: Button Bouquet Designer Buttons, Clips Assortment, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla & Bashful Blue Taffeta

Punches: Round Tab Punch, Scallop Circle Punch


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

7 comments:

Julie said...

Great job! Just love he colors and the pics

Melanie said...

Love your interpretation, Zarna!

anazelia said...

love how you did the sketch. great job.

ScrappinAnn said...

I love your layout Zarna. Great job. And you really mixed it up and added your unique touch.
I am so glad to be on the DT with you.
Ann

Catherine Young said...

Your layout is great..love your color choice and the stamps are wonderful :)

Monique Nicole Fox said...

Finally stopping by everybody's blog. Nice layout! :)

Rebecca said...

It's beautiful - sometimes we need a bit of sappy!