29 November 2009

Draw - Crayon Tub for Charlotte

I've been keeping Charlotte's crayons in an old cookie dough tub and I decided the other day that I would finally get around to decorating it so I pulled out some DSP and sticky cuts letters and give it a go. Since the tub has a taper down to the base I had to cut the DSP in strips and overlap it so it wouldn't warp or wrinkle. I used the sticky cuts with fine glitter for the letters and shapes but since it needed to survive a toddler I covered them in crystal effects for extra durability. It isn't an easy task on a curved surface since the crystal effects wanted to run down the edges, so I ended up doing it in small sections over a few days waiting for the crystal effects to set before moving onto the next section.
I used the circle scissor plus and some more sticky cuts for the lid:

Cardstock: Walk in the Park DSP
Accessories: Sticky Cuts Letters, Sticky Cuts Sweet, Supernova Fine Glitter, Crystal Effects, Mod Podge (non-SU!, but you can get it at any good craft store)
Tools: Circle Scissor Plus

Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: