02 May 2009

Just My Sketches - Playing House

Ok, before everyone goes all feminist on me please know that this layout is meant to be a bit tongue in cheek:Today's the day for another Just My Sketches reveal and this is my take on Deanne's sketch for the month of May. I've included the sketch below and you'll be able to see that I used a bit *read alot* of creative license on this sketch layout, but that's what sketches are all about, something to use as a jumping point to get those creative juices flowing!

The layout is about Charlotte's obsession with "cleaning" whenever she gets her hands on a cloth, one day she was wearing her church clothes and got her hands on a tea towel to start scrubbing the kitchen table and just the way she was dressed in the little halter neck dress with the cute little shiny dress shoes it reminded me of the cliche'd 50's housewife and the phrase "A good wife cleans in heels and pearls" popped into my head like something from that 'The Good Wifes Guide' that does the email circuit every now and then.

I made the photos Sepia to give them a vintage look and used some of that yummy Raspberry Tart DSP to finish off the page.
The little square "doiley" was made using the Eyelet Border punch. There is a really good tutorial here that shows you how make them.

Anyway, as always don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's designs over at Deanne's blog and if you want to play along here's a copy of her sketch (To celebrate world scrapbooking day there's a little something extra in it for anyone who links to their creation over at Just My Sketches):

Stamps: Short Order Alphabet, Calender Alphabet
Ink: Rose Red
Cardstock: Raspberry Tart DSP, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Filigree Designer Brads, Sticky Cuts Letters, Supernova Fine Glitter, Eyelet Border Punch


Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: