31 December 2007

Card of the Week 31/12/2007-6/1/2008

Ever since the first time I looked through the Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue I have been in love with the 'Bold Butterfly' set, I didn't buy it earlier because I was still looking for specific projects to justify purchasing stamps (eg Christmas Cards, Gulu fundraising etc) and I could never find an excuse for this set, so when I signed up this was the first stamp set on my list to include in my starter kit.

To make this card I used Gable Green (I apologise for the quality of the scan, the Stampin' Dimensionals make it sit too far off the glass and the colours don't scan as bright as they actually are) Cardstock for the base of my A6 (10.5x14.9cm) Card;
1. I used my Butterflies & Blossoms Stampin' Around wheel with Versamark across the middle of the card (doesn't show up very well in the scan, again sorry)
2. I stamped the base of the Large Butterfly from the 'Bold Butterfly' set in Orchid Opulence on a 10x10cm piece of Whisper White Cardstock followed by the matching outline in Pink Passion. Then I cut out the butterfly using Paper Snips and layered it on a piece of Pink Passion Cardstock using SNAIL Adhesive.
TIP: to make the butterfly appear as if it's ready to fly off the page, attach the butterfly by applying only 1 line of SNAIL along the body of the butterfly then turn it over and curl the wings by rolling each section around the barrel of one of your markers towards the body and popping some Stampin' Dimensionals under the each section close to the body.
3. I attached the Pink Passion Cardstock & Butterfly to the Base Card using SNAIL adhesive then Stamped 'Happy Birthday' from the 'Favourite Teddy Bear' set (really is a favourite, I use it so often I occassionally set myself little challenges of making a card without it!) on the base card above the line of 'butterflies & blossoms'.

This Card was really simple to make it would be perfect for a beginner, the most time consuming part was cutting out the butterfly. If you would like to make this card for yourself all products are available from Stampin' Up! and you can place your order through me to have your order sent straight to your door anywhere in Australia. Contact me on 0418 650 294 or zjgould@gmail.com to place your order.

Shopping List:
Bold Butterfly Stamp Set $57.95
Favourite Teddy Bear Stamp Set $59.95
Butterflies & Blossoms Stampin' Around Wheel $11.95
Orchard Opulence & Pixie Pink Classic Ink Pads $9.95ea
or Bold Brights Stampin' Spots $41.95
Bold Brights Cardstock $14.50 for 36 sheets (3ea of 12 colours)
or Pixie Pink & Gable Green Cardstock $10.50ea for 24 sheets
Whisper White Cardstock $13.50 for 40 sheets

Because I love the Bold Butterfly Set so much, I am offering a massive 20%* discount off the set bringing it down to $46.36 when you buy 2 or more stamp sets (with 1 being Bold Butterfly) this week (31/12/07-6/1/08) so don't forget to mention this post when you place your order. Don't forget about Sale-A-Bration, which starts this week and can be used in conjunction with this offer (the full $57.95 counts towards your $100 Sale-A-Bration minimum even though you are only paying $46.36)!
*This offer is not a Stampin' Up! discount and therefore only available through myself and only applies to Orders with 3 or more stamp sets.
Artwork (c) Zarna Gould; Images (c) Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

My Paper World said...

Very cute! I love butterflies!