04 May 2007

Yay We've Got the Internet!!!

We got the internet back on on Tuesday, after 3 weeks of waiting! I completely overloaded myself on Tuesday and Wednesday so I barely touched it yesterday.
Hmmm... What's new?...
Well I still haven't finished unpacking - What Justin doesn't know (hehehe) is I'm going to set him to work tomorrow (Me too of course) and get our house at least looking tidy so then I can start thinking about organising a games/dvd night or something as a housewarming.
I went to the Public School yesterday with Sharon and we helped the kids with 'Rocket Reading'. It's like extra reading help for kids having trouble, you just sort of sit there and listen to them read and help sound out the words they get stuck on and stuff. I had to try and help one little boy sound out "Michael" that was really hard to explain coz the 'ch' is really a 'k' sound and the 'ael' sound is really 'el' we got it eventually but I hope I didn't just confuse the poor kid.
Our car battery went flat on Wednesday night, it was really strange, one second it worked and then we stopped for petrol and it wouldn't start again. So I spent yesterday afternoon buying a new battery. Dad tested everything and it looks like it was only the battery that went dead and it wasn't caused by something else, so hopefully we won't have anymore latenight rescue missions for Dad.
That's about all I've been up to lately, I've got some pictures to put on but I'll do it another day, Justin's going to put Vista on my computer tonight (with my brand new 400GB harddrive!) so I'll wait until that's all working in case by some fluke I lose them.

4 comments:

Rinni said...

And you came and helped me waste time yesturday! ;)

What's vista like? I've heard it has a tendency to crash. But I've seen it on a friend's computer and it looks pretty!

Zarna said...

It is very pretty but apart from that it seems the same really, I don't like the new version of office though, I think it's stupid!

Clairey said...

Yea - im surpised how much similar it is. What's the most annoying is the fact half the programs you have won't work!!

Deb said...

ooh - thanks for the anti-vista warning!!

Let me know when your housewarming is ASAP, I will see if I can slip back to Parkes that weekend...