30 April 2011

A Card for Asher (Warning: lots of proud Aunty moments coming up!!!)

My nephew Asher James Xavier Gould was born on 23 April 2011 at 10:20pm weighing in at 3.3kg or 8lb 5oz for those of us that only know baby weights as imperial measurements. He is beautiful and healthy and I'm in love!
So, what's the first thing a stamper needs to do when she finds out she's an Aunty? Make a card of course!! (well ok, it wasn't exactly the first thing, the first thing I did was wait until we got home from Orange - he had to be born the weekend we were away!! Then I had to meet him in person, BUT the next thing I had to do was make him a card lol)

This card was super easy to make using the new Tasteful Trim XL Bigz die in the Winter mini, I cut 3 layers at a time and only had to run the die through the bigshot twice! Then it was just a matter of gluing the strips down. I used all the Blues & Greens from the Soft Subtles Patterns Stack as well as sneaking in a little Yellow (Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi & So Saffron). The yellow is a bit of a dig at the new dad who doesn't think that yellow can be a colour for baby boys, Carmen & I love taking every chance to point out that yellow can be a perfectly boyish colour!
I CASEd this card from this online find, toning it down to suit the new baby look (but it's still on my list to recreate exactly as shown, it's such a beautiful card!):
Now for the proud aunty pics! (I had to steal these from facebook because I was too busy having cuddles that I forgot about taking any photos of my own! But I know that I will rectify this next time I visit!
Sucking his little thumb, isn't he the most adorable thing you've ever seen???
He has eyes!
Safely home!

Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Very very sweet...the baby AND the card!

Allison Rankin said...

Love your CASE of this card...such pretty color choices! And that baby sucking his thumb is too cute!