27 April 2011

Baby Shower for Carmen

My sister-in-law had her little boy Asher (proud Aunty post to come next time, I've got to give the card & gift to her before I can post it here)
One of the girls from work threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law Carmen but our mother-in-law and Nana-in-law couldn't make it so I threw another one for everyone who couldn't come to the first one, of course I couldn't help adding a bit of SU! style to the decorations!
A banner made with SU! products, I didn't use the pendant die because I didn't have it but after handmaking each of these little flags I'm really wishing I did have it!
I had to keep a gender neutral theme for the decorations which was hard because even though I knew that he was a boy there were people who didn't want to know what she was having. I think I went a bit overboard with pink trying to compensate for knowing he was a boy lol!
Close up of the banner, I used the Bigz alphabet dies (name escapes me right now) covered in a little crystal effects for some shine.
This little journal idea I stole from a friend who saw it at a baby shower she went to. It's a little journal of mummy tips & childhood stories for the mother to be, I covered a 5x5" On Board art journal with some Lap of Luxury DSP.
Close up of the ribbon covered spine, I had fun with this one, can you tell? ;p
I added a little tab for each category & her name using the Timeless Type Jnr Sizzlits dies.

Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

1 comment:

Louise said...

I'm hosting a baby shower soon, so I find this very timely! Thanks for the inspiration, everything looks lovely. I'm sure the Mum to be had a wonderful time!