16 January 2010

Teacher Gifts Part 2

So, I totally meant to come back and show you the rest of the Teacher Gift sets that I made but I flaked so I'm sorry :) Anyway, enough excuses! Here is the 2nd set I made:I made this set for Miss Michelle (Or Mist Shell as Charlotte says...) Michelle is actually a friend of ours that I have known since I was about 10 and her kids were babies (those babies that I used to babysit now babysit for us how freaky old does that make me feel?!?) so it was really nice to have her in Charlotte's room last year, just the little things like when Charlotte was sick with high temps and I had to come in early to get her, she was sitting on the couch having cuddles with Michelle and seeing that instantly made me feel less guilty about sending Charlotte without realising she wasn't well. Michelle is on float this year so she doesn't know for certain yet if she'll be in Charlotte's room when Charlotte is there but it will be nice if she is...
Michelle has a really eclectic kind of taste, she has this shelf ("the shelf") in her house where she puts all the funky little bizarre kitschy things that she finds around the place that is always so cool to checkout, and I knew that the perfect DSP for her would be the new Kaleidoscope DSP with all the bright colours and butterflies!
I used the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die layered with the new Butterfly punch for the detail on top of the box. With all the sets I tried to keep the cards generic occasion cards so they could be used for whatever the teacher wants, but with each box I tried to include a little quote to let them know how important they have been to us, and I thought this quote from Flight of the Butterfly was perfect for this set and Michelle.
Now onto the cards, I made 2 of each design:


Stamps: Short & Sweet, Flight of the Butterfly
Ink: Lovely Lilac
Cardstock: Kaleidoscope DSP, Pixie Pink, Gable Green, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta, Pretty in Pink Taffeta, Fleurettes, Build-a-Brad, Sherbet Designer Buttons, Linen Thread
Punches: Butterfly Punch, Large & Small Oval Punches, Word Window Punch
Big Shot: Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Divine Swirl Cuttlebug Folder

Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: