12 August 2011

Stampin' Up!'s new (to us!) Designer Fabric

 I've been having heaps of fun playing around with my preorder from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue that will be out in September. Especially the new Designer fabric! I made a little memory board to display my card samples when I am out and about, I used a 12x12" frame that I already had (It used to house this piece of wall art). I used a piece of DSP backing cardboard for my base, layered some quilt batting that I had left over from Asher's Quilt. Glued it all down at the back using Tombow and then criss-crossed the Satin Ribbon across the front, stuck them down at the back with sticky strip. I poked some vintage brads through all the layers - this was the trickiest part, even though I used the Paper Piercer the fabric & ribbon sort of sprung back into place and the brad prongs wanted to bend a little, but I got them through with a bit of wiggling. I backed it all with another piece of DSP backing card glued down with more tombow. Popped it in the frame & I was done.
It took about half an hour to complete including the time spent wrangling the children out from under my elbows, so easy!

Another project I made, again simple but not as quick, this time a little shirt for Charlotte (inspired by this pin on pinterest), she is a slim size 4 and the long edge of the Designer fabric wraps all the way around her with an inch or 2 to spare, I think this would make a beautiful newborn baby dress! I completed this in 1 and a bit days, if I'd had a more cooperative "mannequin" I would have finished sooner lol



Fabric: Flirtatious Designer Fabric
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, Vintage Designer Brads

Images © Stampin' Up!, Designs © Zarna Gould

No comments: