23 October 2009

Some Cards for Jack

I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I think the thing that got me hooked on cardmaking has to be the fact that I love getting cards, so I love to show people I care by giving them. I've kept practically every card I've ever received, and that's not an exaggeration, I have this Disneyland gift bag that friends of ours gave me a present in when I was about 3 or 4 and I kept the postcards I they sent me from their trip in it and then started keeping every card and letter in it that I got for about the next 10 years.
...Anyway, the point of this story is that, I love getting cards and since I'm not sending many out right now I thought I'd share some of the beautiful handmade cards we've been given for Jack (we've been given heaps of storebought cards too which I love equally as much, but that's not why you come to the blog so I won't share them)
This first card is by the lovely Marcia, it's hard to tell in the photo but the J is actually like a blue coated chipboard piece which she has sanded back to reveal the white, so cool! You can check out the details of the card here, I love that "congratulations" stamp she used, it's such an elegant font.
This next card was made for us by Kathy Tanner, as far as I know she doesn't have a blog, but I met Kathy through SCS and you can view her gallery here. Kathy is an SU! demo in Tassie so if you're down that way be sure to look her up.
And last (but by far not least), is a card made by the gorgeous Krista! Krista is one of my customers who has become a good friend (I love this job!). She does the coolest, non-traditional shaped cards.

So, anyway, thanks girls for these beautiful cards! I love them and will keep them in Jack's keepsake box for him to look at when he's older (that's if guys do that kind of thing lol).



2 comments:

Zarna said...

Apologies to Kathleen for getting her surname wrong... It's Tanner not Turner, stupid baby brain! I'm off to edit the post now...

Allison Rankin said...

Mmm...super! I need some ideas for my BFF!