09 July 2007

Am I mean?

On Saturday we were at Big W and the woman asked me when is my 'little boy(?!?!?) due?' I was so tempted to tell her I wasn't pregnant and what was she talking about, turn on the tears and the whole 'are you implying I'm fat?', to make her feel bad. I was polite and resisted temptation but then she was really annoying and kept telling me I was having a little boy and if by some 'small chance' I had a girl I could name it after her. I told her we weren't going to find out and she was convinced to the point i think she seriously thought of it as fact that we were having a boy. She was so annoying I wish I had pretended I wasn't.
Am I mean?

8 comments:

Deb said...

nah, she started it. I'm annoyed at her with you!

Lisa R said...

You are right to be annoyed at her...that sort of thing drives me nuts. Kath said that someone asked her at the shops the other day when she was due and she isnt even pregnant nor does she even look pregnant! Dont these people know the rule? Never ask when someone is due unless they bring it up first. I cant wait for someone to ask me and i will reply...Im not pregnant Im just fat! You should have lied...teach her a lesson.

I hope you are having fun with your stamps!!!!!

Rinni said...

That's so wierd. Why would anyone even say stuff like that?!

Clairey said...

no! ur not mean...what a crazy lady! some ppl are just wierd!

love you!

LOUD? said...

what if she was convinced you were having a girl????

;)

At least you are definately over the whole i'm-pregnant-and-half-showing-but-not-quite-obviously-so-I-just-look-fat-stage.

weird people live in parkes.....

Zarna said...

Everyone should follow justins rule of 'unless I've been told otherwise or I can see the baby's head don't assume anyone's pregnant'

Clairey said...

good rule to follow!

><> Kelly ><> said...

hehehe i agree it's a great rule to follow.

she sounds like she is crazy, like i would never say that to someone, especially someone i never knew :-o